The original north side schoolhouse was built on the northwest corner of First St. and High St. sometime before 1870. A rivalry between the north side and south side schools resulted in separate districts in that year. A two story brick addition 30' by 44' was added on in 1875. Differences were settled in 1893 and the two sides reunited. Shortly after the reunion the north side school was no longer needed. It was sold to the Seventh Day Adventists in 1897 for their church. Supposedly after a fire in the 1940's only the first floor of the brick building remained. The above photo shows the 1875 brick addition shortly before it was torn down by it's owners, the Pentecostal Church. This building was in use for many years, both as a school and a church. We need a photo of this old landmark as it stood for so long on the north side.