The Bangor Driving Association was organized in the late 1870's and a horse racing track soon followed. The track was located on south Walnut St. close to where the elementary school stands today. The high school can be seen over the tops of the trees in the background of this picture. Trotters were raced on a regular basis and came from all over southwest Michigan. By the late 1800's, the track and buildings had fallen into disrepair. In 1910 a resurgence of interest in horse racing prompted local people to fix up the track for a 4th of July celebration. Motor cycles were added to the attraction as well as the horses. We have pictures of the races.