Mr. S.M. Carpp started the Carpp Canning Co. in 1912. It later became the Bangor Canning Co. when Dalton Carpp became proprietor. The company eventually went bankrupt in 1924. This photo was taken from Diamond Alley looking north down Exchange St. toward the Fruit Exchange, probably in the early 1930's. The building in the foreground is the old canning company. The copula sticking up in the background is an old feed and grain elevator. The Fruit Exchange is in the distance to the right with a fuel bulk plant in front of it. We have the pictures and history of all these businesses.