There are many references in the Advance, as far back as the 1870's, to baseball games played in Bangor with neighboring towns. The downtown ball field was built in the early 1900's. The diamond was originally in the northwest corner of the park. A grandstand constructed behind home plate burned down in 1929. At some time in the 1930's, home plate was moved to the southwest corner of the field. We have only one photo showing the grandstand in the background. It would be nice to have a more detailed photo. We do have team pictures of the Bangor Cubs. They were a local semi pro club in the 1930's and 40's made up of Bangor ball players and regional standouts who were paid to play for the team.