The Bangor water tower was torn down in the late 1970's (above). The original was dismantled in 1929 when it almost rusted through and the one pictured above replaced it. The old tower was part of a complete water system built in 1903. A power house was erected with a dynamo to create electricity. A water pump filled the 50,000 gallon tank on the tower to supply the city with water. The dynamo produced electricity for the entire village, although not everyone hooked on in the beginning. The lights were turned on December 7, 1903 for the first time. People flocked to the power house to watch the event. We have photos of the power house, inside and out, complete with it's 80 foot smoke stack and water tower.