The pickle factory is built on the property once occupied by the Bangor Furnace Company. The Furnace made pig iron out of ore shipped from the upper peninsula via boat then railroad to Bangor. The company came to town in the early 1870's and was gone by 1890. Squire Dingee's pickle company occupied the property through the late 1890's and into the early 1900's. Freestones bought the buildings in the early 1900's and have been in business in town for over 100 years. We have pictures of all three companies from the early days.