John Mutchler came to Bangor as a young boy with his family in 1971. In 1891 he was township treasurer and a year later he was elected supervisor. John became a jeweler in 1895 and set up shop in downtown Bangor. President McKinley appointed him postmaster in 1897. In 1906 John became register of deeds and shortly thereafter moved to Paw Paw. We would like to know what happened to John, his wife and three children after that move.