Charles A. Southard came to Michigan about 1836 with his family and settled on their homestead farm about four miles south of Bangor.  This was one of the oldest families in the community.  Charles eventually moved to town and in 1879 started a business selling farm implements.  He sold a variety of machinery, wagons, carriages, sleighs and cutters, and also specialized largely in drain tiles.  His shop was located on Railroad St. near the depot.  The Southard family was one of the first in this area.  They seem to have disappeared from the scene in the early 1900's.  Can anyone help us find the living relatives of this family?

 

Back