Lyman S. Russell came to Bangor as a young teen in 1854. When the Civil War broke out, he joined the 3rd Michigan Cavalry and served for four years. He returned to Bangor in 1873. In 1882 he bought the West Michigan Advance and eventually consolidated it with the Reflector when he purchased that paper in 1888. In 1891 Mr. Russell turned his newspaper business over to his son Maurice. He had another son, Allen, and two daughters, Mella and Mrs. J.C. Frye. Shortly after stepping away from the newspaper, he became a Justice of the Peace and eventually landed a job in Lansing with the State of Michigan. We want to know more about Lyman Russell's children.